Remembering Madeleine L'Engle

Madeleine L’Engle was born November 29th 1918 and passed away on September 6th 2007, and is the author of several books, including the Time Quintet. The first book, A Wrinkle in Time is a book I’ve often see Alison recommend during presentations. About a year ago, I had the chance to read the book and loved it. I also read A Wind in the Door, which was all about Mitochondria and Charles Wallace’s Mitochondria was in deep trouble, so Meg, Calvin, Mr. Jenkins and a Cherubim named Proginoskes (Progo) go into Charles to save his Mitochondria. With all the electromagnetic radiation in society right now, our Mitochondria are also in trouble.

Here third book ‘Swiftly Tilting Planet’ involved time travel, where Charles Wallace goes back in time to find a ‘what might have been’ moment to change present day events. I definitely feel like we are in a ‘what might have been’ moment right now.

I haven’t had a chance to read the remaining two books in the Time Quintet, and I hope to in the near future.

Last night I listened to one of Madeleine’s presentations on Searching for Truth through Fantasy, and what was interesting is when Madeleine speaks about what’s happening to our trees and how they are trying to tell us something. @AMcD You have done a lot of work on trees lately, maybe there is a synchronicity there.

2 Likes

Thanks Roma. Not sure if you saw but we actually have a reading recommendations category.

1 Like

Oh cool, is it possible to add multiple categories?

Please just choose one category for topics. You can add tags though. I strongly encourage using tags.

1 Like