Randy Best Magenta Fountain

Randy BEST is the father of digital learning at the college and higher Ed level. Tied to the Boosh family

1 Like

Klyde Warren Park in downtown Dallas is getting a ginormous “super fountain” that will be soon be the world’s tallest interactive fountain .

The fountain is capable of shooting jets of water up to 95 feet high and columns of water 100 feet in the air. It will feature a central island of three stainless steel trees from which water will pulse and jet. The base of the fountain will have a shallow, highly reflective splash pool. At night, this insane fountain will have colorful light shows with streams of water synchronized to music.

This absolutely absurd fountain is all thanks to a generous $10 million Christmas gift from park board member Nancy Best and her husband, Randy, the park said in a news release this week.

https://www.crunchbase.com/person/randy-best

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/higher-ed-partners

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/ilumno

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/academic-partnerships

https://www.linkedin.com/in/randybest1

• Best Merchant Partners Graphic

Founder

Best Merchant Partners

1982 - Present 40 years

Dallas, TX, United States

• Academic Partnerships Graphic

Founder

Academic Partnerships

2008 - Present 14 years

Dallas, TX

Academic Partnerships’ (AP) mission is to help universities globally increase access to top quality and affordable higher education through online delivery of instruction. AP is a leading higher ed service provider based in Dallas with service hubs in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, the UK, Spain and South Africa. To learn more, please visit www.academicpartnerships.com

• Ilumno Graphic

Founder

Ilumno

2005 - Present 17 years

Ilumno owns and operates top universities across Latin America in an effort to expand access to top quality education in the region. Through its network of partner institutions in Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Panama, Argentina, Costa Rica and Paraguay, Ilumno serves over 250,000 college students of all socioeconomic classes. To learn more, please visit ILUMNO :: Transforming how the world learns

Very magenta-forward:

After selling the business, Best pursued several different ventures, including art galleries, clinics, cattle yards, oil and gas, defense and aerospace, and Girl Scout-cookie manufacturing.[2] Best and Elvis Mason founded a bank in 1984 with the backing of Robert S. Strauss, Laurence Tisch, and Thomas C. Barry.

Tisch began his career heading up interactive strategies at kgb.[10]

In 2007, Tisch founded BoxGroup, a technology investment firm that has invested in 250 companies including Vine, Warby Parker, Handy, and GroupMe.[9][5] BoxGroup is personally funded making Tisch one of the most active angel investors in the United States.[11]

Tisch co-founded the Techstars New York City program, a startup accelerator program, and became managing director in 2010.[12][9] During his tenure, he helped lead some of the most successful investments in the history of Silicon Alley startups.[13] Under his direction, companies in the program raised more than $100 million in follow-on capital. Tisch left TechStars in 2012.[13]

Tisch became a member of Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s Council on Technology and Innovation in 2011.[14]

In August 2014, Tisch co-founded Spring, a mobile marketplace allowing consumers to shop directly from brands.[15][16] Investors include BoxGroup, Google Ventures, and Yuri Milner.[15][17] Apple listed Spring as one of the best apps for 2014.[18]

Tisch was named head of Cornell Tech’s Startup Studio program in December 2014. Startup Studio is an experiential learning graduate program that teams students from different disciplines to develop an idea into a product

Alison has a trusty map of Best tied to the former chancellor of Dallas College where I ran for a seat on the board in May. That chancellor brought us the major no-bid deal struck with GreenLight Credentials blockchain life lockers.

A hurricane triggered his involvement. It’s almost like they can direct them by remote control. Randy Best Is Going to Save Texas' Public Universities, Or Get Rich Trying - The Texas Observer

A tornado blew through Dallas and ignited a foundation after the tornado decimated a high school.

Then there was Katrina and the Louisiana parish where the waters hadn’t even receded when they kicked in to bring charter schools.

I have not yet found a millionaire, billionaire that is not on board with all the Web3 and online learning education initiatives. This includes many rich and famous celebrities in entertainment and sports. Truly a David and Goliath under taking we are up against. Does not matter though, we can make a difference to keep this seed of reality alive for the coming generations. We are the spark!

When I am feeling a little bit defeated this part of the poem called Spark by Charles Bukowski keeps me going.

I knew that I was dying.
something in me said, go ahead, die, sleep, become
them, accept.

then something else in me said, no, save the tiniest
bit.
it needn’t be much, just a spark.
a spark can set a whole forest on
fire.
just a spark.
save it.

I think I did.
I’m glad I did.
what a lucky god damned
thing.

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can’t readily accept the God formula, the big answers don’t remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
― Charles Bukowski