Julian Assange, Human Chain, UK Parliament/APPG Blockchain, QR Code, Assange DAO, Bitcoin, Proof of Life, Blockchain Institute of Technology ~ Blockchain Ritual? Quaker Imprinting?

Assange studied programming, mathematics and physics at Central Queensland University (1994)[44

The mission of the AssangeDAO is to inspire a powerful solidarity network and fight for the freedom of Julian Assange.

We, the cypherpunks, are rallying to the cause of a fellow cypherpunk in distress.

‘One of the best ways to achieve justice is to expose injustice.’
— Julian Assange

Who are we?

AssangeDAO is a multilingual cross-border collective governed by holders of the $JUSTICE token. We are united in our mission to Free Julian Assange. AssangeDAO has completed it’s first objective in raising millions of dollars for Julian Assange’s legal campaign and now continues forward with it’s mission. We will initiate and support projects that can help directly or indirectly bring about Julian Assange’s freedom and support causes that he cares about such as Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Information and Whistleblowing.

Background

The AssangeDAO is dedicated to restoring Assange’s freedom.

The DAO started to mobilize in a Telegram group on December 10th, 2021, the day that the U.S. government won its appeal of a British court ruling that barred Assange’s extradition to the US. If extradited to the United States, Assange faces 175 years in prison for publishing truthful information.

Shortly after the Telegram group was formed, Assange’s brother Gabriel Shipton joined. He informed us that an NFT collaboration with Assange was in progress which was going to be auctioned to raise funds for his campaign.

Inspired by the FreeRossDAO (which raised $12 million to free Ross Ulbricht), the AssangeDAO successfully raised $55 Million to bid on the NFT. By building an Assange solidarity network we move to send a powerful signal that the time of passivity is over. A new era of the cypherpunk movement has begun.

Censored NFT Collection:

Assange x Pak

Censored is an NFT collection in collaboration with Assange and renowned digital artist Pak that was auctioned on February 7th, 2022. The collection consists of a 1/1 dynamic NFT and a dynamic open edition in which anyone was able to participate. The DAO won the auction of the 1/1 dynamic NFT but did not participate in the open edition.

AssangeDAO raised over $55 million worth of ETH to purchase the 1/1 dynamic NFT. The dynamic NFT was minted using manifold.xyz smart contracts and was auctioned by Pak. Proceeds raised from the NFT sale were donated by Pak in their entirety to Assange’s legal defense fund and Free Assange campaign efforts by way of Wau Holland Foundation, a longstanding nonprofit organization with a strong history of assisting Assange. We aimed to form a dedicated community and network that can aid in the fight for the liberation of Assange, and so we have.

Archive

Julian Assange Uses Bitcoin’s Blockchain for Proof of Life

Julian Assange added a bit more to his history-making today by being the first known person to use bitcoin’s public blockchain as proof of life. Responding to calls for evidence that the Wikileaks founder is safe and sound in a Reddit Ask Me Anything sessions with answers provided in a live twitch.tv feed, Assange stated:

“I have to say it is a little bit silly, not in relation to us being under pressure, we have been under pressure, but we’re very good at resisting pressure, but, in relation to whether I’m alive, or kidnapped, actually, it is a bit silly. If you look at people like John Pilger, for example, long-term friend of mine, runs my defence fund, is a famously brave investigative reporter, my lawyers, close friends, people like Murray Love, the Ecuadorian government, if you think about the number of people who actually have to conspire and the amount of work that would have to be done to produce these false images, it’s too many. That’s a social proof.”

Assange then went on to provide a slightly more concrete proof by reading out block number #447506, mined by Bitmain, and its hash, produced today, on the 10th of January 2017, at 15:50:25 London time. He misread it at first, thus had to re-do it, joking this will send people crazy before adding that the mistake itself is evidence that the proof of life is genuine as it’s natural for people to make mistakes.

The blockchain based proof of life is in response to widespread speculation that he may be in danger because Ecuador’s Embassy, where Assange currently resides, cut off his internet and all connections to the outside world on the 19th of October 2016, just weeks before the most important presidential election in living memory.

Speculation gradually accelerated as some took the stance of assumed dead until proven otherwise, reaching frenzy levels after some began suggesting videos and voice can be edited, raising awareness of a difficult epistemological question for our generation’s philosophers, just how exactly can you prove something for certain?

The worries, however, were not without cause. Assange’s Wikileaks provided more information than all media outlet combined in the run-up to the election. He revealed collusion between the media and Hillary Clinton’s campaign, private and public stances, as well as the most striking revelation:

“[W]e’ve all been quite content to demean government, drop civics and in general conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry. The unawareness remains strong but compliance is obviously fading rapidly. This problem demands some serious, serious thinking – and not just poll-driven, demographically-inspired messaging.”

The revelations galvanized Trump supporters which began metaphorically chanting 24/7 with pepe memes, persuading independents to default to Trump, giving our generation and history the only surprise presidential victory we can recall.

They now call him the white wizard, but even when his hair was grey he was aware of bitcoin. In fact, he is as much part of bitcoin’s history as the then Chancellor of Britain, Alistair Darling. As Wikileaks revealed utterly damaging footages of US soldiers mistakenly shooting a Reuters journalist, the entire might of USA’s government came down, cutting off any payments to the organization. PC World, in a now historical article, suggested bitcoin, then a tiny network with price barely worth more than a dollar, as an alternative, but Nakamoto feared the “hornet’s nest” was headed towards the barely born digital currency because of the Wikileaks related publicity. He left and has never been heard since, as far as anyone knows in any event.

Assange, on the other hand, might have taken bitcoin to heart at that point. He introduced Eric Schmidt, then Google’s CEO, to the digital currency in 2013, with Wikileaks being one of the first to accept bitcoins. Overall, he has generally refrained from being involved in this space, perhaps because of Nakamoto’s last statement, but his latest use of bitcoin’s blockchain in such a highly public fashion continues a seemingly new trend developed last year.

John McAfee, a former programmer for NASA who developed the first anti-virus, has invested a million dollars or more in a bitcoin mining business partnership. Meanwhile Kim DotCom has tweeted a number of times about bitcoin. In combination, they seemingly give rise to a patronizing of bitcoin by the internet culture, continuing to provide evidence that bitcoin has one of the most interesting dichotomy, it appeals to the richest and poorest in equal measure, to the wall street financiers just as much as to the financially blockaded.

John McAfee with Blockchain Institute of Technology’s George Levy

I find this all so disorienting. I printed up a few “For a free press, free Assange” bumper stickers and a t-shirt. Seeing a call for an Assange demonstration, without the context given here, I might be eager to support it. Would Assange be a driver/complicit in the BIGGER PICTURE here? Or is he being used as an ingredient for someone else’s spell?

" Preaching a mishmash of Christianity, eastern mysticism and apocalyptic prophecy, she allegedly forced followers, including children, to take dangerous amounts of LSD and other hallucinogenics as part of prolonged initiation rites. Once they had submitted, she’d dictate every aspect of their lives. “There was only one rule: do absolutely everything she said,” says David Whitaker, a former child survivor. “That included what to think, what to wear, what to eat, who to marry, who not to marry. Total obedience.”

The children were initiated with ‘huge, relentless doses of LSD’ in trips that lasted for days

A few years ago speculation emerged that Wikileaks founder Julian Assange had grown up in The Family. His hair colour didn’t help nor, possibly, his personality. Assange admitted that a man who was his mother’s boyfriend in the late 1970s had been a member of the cult. The man had been “a sinister presence” who sought to have “a certain psychological power” over his family, Assange said, and they eventually went on the run from him. But he said he never met Hamilton-Byrne or had any direct contact with the group as a whole."

1 Like

@kateledogar

I do not have a clear, legitimate answer to your inquiry. I can only speculate as to levels/scale of complicity. That said, I will post a comment by @AMcD that she graciously offered yesterday, as it echoes my evolving thought process:

The effort of trying, often unsuccessfully, to ascertain the degree of complicity in people used to take up a lot of time in my headspace. I’ve since come to realize it probably doesn’t matter. We can never fully understand people’s motivations or the realities they inhabit or the stories they tell themselves to get out of bed and face the day. Most of us are touched by some part of this domination structure through our own actions or those of our loved ones, colleagues, neighbors, or people in our social circles. The only way to escape the labyrinth is to see it, situate ourselves, and make peace with it. Ariadne’s thread is there for us to walk out of the labyrinth once we’re able to acknowledge the walls, look down at the floor, and pick it up. Any person can make a goal of becoming oriented to one’s position in the tangle of energetic contracts we’ve unknowingly entered into, wash ourselves clean of those terrible bonds, and step out of the play. Until that happens, we will continue to find ourselves caught in a dramatic back and forth - sometimes the actor, sometimes the audience, sometimes a willing participant, sometimes not.

Speaking for myself – in the context of Assange – I do not know him personally, but I do know one of the organizers of the upcoming D.C. “Hands Off Assange” event quite personally. Even knowing this person, I am unable to speak to this individual’s intentions. I cannot wrap my head around how and why certain people facilitate darker agendas. I would like to think they are simply naive, and are dedicated to exposing crimes of Empire, yet get entrapped in an inversion without their knowledge. However, I think there is more to it. I always leave numerous forms of mind control/entrainment on the table. It is not so far-fetched as it may sound.

1 Like

@AMcD

In the image below . . .

Does the clock signify time stamping?

Do the impersonal block figures signify consensus?

Does the circle signify consensus, as in Quakers (note the circle around the structure and the color template of the seat cushions – compare to the configuration and colors above)?

https://westminsterquakers.org.uk

Note: The Westminster Quaker Meeting House (photo above) is approximately one mile away from the Houses of Parliament.

https://westminsterquakers.org.uk/contact-us/getting-here

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g186338-d211708-Reviews-Houses_of_Parliament-London_England.html

The UK Parliament has recently unveiled a demonstration of real-world applications of blockchain. The reason behind the presentation is to reportedly educate lawmakers.

Introducing the APPG Blockchain

According to the official report, the event was organized by none other than the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Blockchain or APPG Blockchain. It featured a handful of presentations from at least four different firms in the blockchain space. These are namely, Everledger, IOTA, Oracle, and Lloyd’s of London. On the audience side, among them were government officials, parliament members, and industry leaders.

The live demonstrations featured the much potential blockchain provides when it comes to real-life applications, such as of supply chains for diamonds and olive oils (Everledger and Oracle, respectively). IOTA and Lloyd’s, on the other hand, highlighted international trade, insurance claims, and transactions settlement.

Big Innovation Centre’s very own blockchain research and project manager named Fernando Santiago said that the event could be a huge stepping stone towards the country’s blockchain industry. He added that it is a “pivotal moment,” one that could significantly define the country’s future leadership when it comes to commerce, governance, and even competition.

In the event, the group was also successful in publishing the so-called Online Blockchain Showcase. The latter, in particular, refers to a deluge of videos featuring 10 companies working in the blockchain space.

The aforementioned companies also manage to take the floor at the said live showcase, all of which took the “One-Minute Challenge.” Basically, it brings forth the idea of how the government can drive the use of technology, including the likes of education and healthcare sectors. This would also embrace the ever-growing finance sector.

The Potential Opportunities Of Blockchain

According to the organizers of the said event, there are many reasons why it was put up in the first place. But if there is one defining reason behind all of it, the organizers believe it has something to do with the positive results obtained from a 2018 analysis of the United Kingdom blockchain industry. The results were basically presented by the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Blockchain themselves on its official website along with a handful of associated organizations.

Changelly - Exchange cryptocurrency at the best rate

The group was formed by cross-party members of the parliament in an attempt to ensure that the country plays a “key role” when it comes to potential opportunities offered by the blockchain technology. These opportunities, according to them, could provide for the country’s governance, society, economy, and public service provision.

ENSURING INDUSTRY AND SOCIETY BENEFIT FROM THE FULL POTENTIAL OF BLOCKCHAIN AND OTHER DISTRIBUTED LEDGER TECHNOLOGIES (DLT).

https://bicpavilion.com/about_pavilion/appg-blockchain

Shape the future with Blockchain by joining the ground-breaking APPG Blockchain network, which ensures that industry and society benefit from the full potential of blockchain and DLT.

Download 2022-2023 Programme

The All-Party Parliamentary Group on Blockchain (APPG Blockchain) was set up in January 2018, to ensure that industry and society benefit from the full potential of blockchain and other distributed ledger technologies (DLT). We focus on policy, governance and blockchain applications.

Our method of working is research, round tables, webinars, showcasing, taskforces, and events.

The APPG Blockchain is chaired by Martin Docherty-Hughes MP. The group Officers and Vice Chairs are Lord Holmes of Richmond, Lord Waverley, The Earl of Lindsay (Secretary), Lord Vaux of Harrowden (Treasurer), Darren Jones MP, and Lord Bridges of Headley MBE

Big Innovation Centre is the appointed APPG Blockchain.

Participants include leaders from business (SMEs to FTSE), entrepreneurship, investment, research, policy, NGOs and more.

Blockchain Showcase Live (Parliament)

Oct 19, 2022

https://www.biginnovationcentre.com/members/appg-sponsorship/

https://www.biginnovationcentre.com/platforms/

APPG Blockchain

We ensure that industry and society benefit from the full potential of blockchain and other DLTs

The All-Party Parliamentary Group on Blockchain (APPG Blockchain)

Hosted in UK Parliament, we bring evidence, use cases and future policy scenarios into to consider the industry, economic and societal implications of Blockchain as well as environmental opportunities from Blockchain/DLT’s innovation and implementation.

Focus is on types of blockchain for different purposes and blockchain’s impact on supply chain optimisation, business models and e-commerce. We address the impact of fraud and impact on people, smart and intelligent contracts. What all this means for all sectors from finance and cryptocurrencies to logistics, healthcare, national security, public administration and much more is in focus.

Together we shape the policy ecosystem needed for the development and deployment of Blockchain, distributed ledger technology (DLT) and related technologies as RegTech, Fintech, GovTech and more. Particularly, the APPG Blockchain aims to understand further the business and policy / regulatory implications of Blockchain, DLT, the token economy for finance and how blockchain is best implemented into all private and public sectors throughout the economy.

@AMcD Chair of APPG Blockchain (see his Philly family connection – Quakers?)

The descendant of a woman from Ballinglen, County Mayo and a man from Stralongford in County Donegal, he is also a relative of Ian McGarvey and has many relatives scattered around Philadelphia and New York.

Docherty-Hughes’ father, an 87-year-old coppersmith who still has his old welding kit, and grandfather both worked in the shipyard. His great-grandfather worked on the Queen Mary.

“For the people in my generation, our parents, our grandparents and our great-grandparents all worked in the great shipyards,” said Docherty-Hughes, 50.

As someone who views the Queen Mary as an important part of working-class Scottish heritage, Docherty-Hughes, a member of the Scottish National Party who has served in Parliament since 2015, said he’s deeply concerned over recent reports of the ship’s condition.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/queen-mary-blockchain-society

Queen Mary Blockchain Society is a legal, technology and financial focused society, especially in the Intellectual Property (IP) law area. The society aims to provide students workshops and talks to enhance their understanding of Blockchain technology in various perspectives. Our members can automatically get the latest news about the ecosystem, obtain learning resources, as well as have the great opportunities of joining several developers to build on the Blockchain.

Website

https://www.qmsu.org/groups/17594/

https://www.instagram.com/qmblockchain/

APPG Blockchain Policy Brief for:
“Government’s regulatory approach to crypto-assets and currencies”

Purpose: This policy briefing paper includes key discussion points for the Westminster Hall debate on the Government’s regulatory approach to crypto-assets and currencies, taking place on the 7th of September from 09:30 till 11:00.

The following is output from APPG on Blockchain evidence sessions where stakeholders in the Blockchain space have been arguing these perspectives. Therefore, we believe that this is important information to be discussed.

Blockchain A Blockchain is a distributed ledger made up of blocks that contain changes to the state of the ledger i.e., transactions. Groups of state changes are added to the ledger in the formof “blocks”. Typically, each block references the preceding block via the use of cryptographic techniques and the Blockchain represents the history of all the state changes ever made to the ledger. Ethereum, Hyperledger Fabric, R3 Corda, Binance Smart Chain.
Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) DLT refers to the technological infrastructure and protocols that allows simultaneous access, validation, and record updating in an immutable manner across a network that’s spread across multiple entities or locations. Blockchain is the simplest and most common example of a DLT.
Cryptocurrency A virtual/digital currency that runs on Blockchain technology. Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Avalanche (AVAX).
Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC) Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) are digital tokens, similar to cryptocurrency, issued by a central bank. They are pegged to the value of that country’s fiat currency. Digital Euro, eCNY (Digital Yuan), Project Inthanon-LionRock (Hong Kong & Thailand).
Stablecoin A cryptocurrency whose value is pegged to that of another asset (usually a fiat currency). Tether (USDT), USD Coin (USDC), Binance USD (BUSD).

Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) NFTs are blockchain-based tokens that each represent a unique asset like a piece of art, digital content, or media. An NFT can be thought of as an irrevocable digital certificate of ownership and authenticity for a given asset, whether digital or physical. The Superbowl, Adidas and Dolce & Gabanna, have all released NFTs for their customers and fans.
Decentralised Finance Decentralized finance (DeFi) offers financial instruments without relying on intermediaries such as brokerages, exchanges, or banks by using smart contracts on a blockchain. page3image266278608|130.580000x0.480010page3image266276848|130.580000x51.000000

Aave (AAVE) & Synthetix (SNX) are examples of DeFi companies.|

Consideration Points

UK can become a global leader for Crypto technology

The UK has the potential to become a global hub for cryptocurrency technologies and be a driver for development. Crypto technologies are here to stay, therefore a definition of crypto, and how we want to see crypto in the UK is essential. This could be part of the recently introduced Financial Services & Markets Bill (20th July 2022), or in a bespoke piece of legislation.

Additionally, widespread stakeholder education is paramount to encourage further adoption of these technologies. Both consumers, financial institutions and policymakers need more information about the benefits of cryptocurrency and related technologies for the UK to be a global driver in this space.

Cryptopayment systems are a re-writing of financial rules

Cryptocurrency payment systems represent a new way to send funds and value all over the world and can be seen as a re-writing of financial rules. Cryptocurrency becoming a predominant form of payment in the UK is something that the APPG on Blockchain believe will happen without a doubt - it is an if, not a when.

Cryptocurrencies allow for efficiency. As they will re-write financial rules in the UK in terms of how we spend, pay, and invest, effective regulation must ensure the new systems are ‘desirable’.

Cryptocurrency regulation will encourage adoption

A firm regulatory framework is required for more companies and brands to accept cryptocurrency as a form of payment. Additionally, a regulatory environment will protect the companies and brands as well as their consumers.

Increased confidence in the regulation around cryptocurrency will encourage more stakeholders to become involved in this space. This framework should be dynamic and continuously evolving to keep pace with changes within the whole financial services industry.

The current lack of regulation could be seen as a barrier for the development of the crypto industry in the UK, perhaps giving power to those that wish to operate outside of the law. Firm and importantly, clear, regulation will provide strength and allow for a dynamic and flourishing industry in the UK.

Increased use of stablecoins has led to Government acknowledgement

Stablecoins are a form of cryptocurrency that try to peg their market value to an external reference, for example a fiat currency (e.g., US Dollar). Stablecoins have increased dramatically in use and allow for improved access and competition within the payments space and financial services. Stablecoins have the ability to create structured information and allows for full-scale transparency and compliance. The UK Government released plans in April 2022 to introduce stablecoins into their payment’s framework 1, creating opportunities for stablecoin issuers and service providers to grow and operate in the UK. This can be done through regulation, encouraging adoption for the consumer, and making the conditions beneficial for those on the other side of the technology.

Regulators must think about how regulation of stablecoins and decentralised finance (DeFi) will have a follow-on effect to more traditional financial institutions. It would be a mistake to regulate with broad generalisations about stablecoins, as it is such an ever-changing area with a variety of stablecoins (e.g., Tether (USDT), Binance USD (BUSD)) currently on offer.

Central Bank Digital Currency implementation is enlarging

Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) are digital tokens, issued by a central bank, that are pegged to a state’s fiat currency (e.g., Pound Sterling). Our lifestyles are becoming increasingly digital, and smartphones are crucial to how we live our lives; banks, governments and financial institutions are realising that the technology driving digital currencies can greatly benefit society.

CBDC implementation is increasing worldwide. China have released the ‘Digital Yuan’ (eCNY), and there are pilots taking place in the Euro System. CBDCs allow for transparency within the ledger, therefore it is easy to see who owns what and how much, allowing for more efficient collection of tax revenues, through a digital footprint. CBDCs allow for a direct connection from the central bank to the citizen, in a way that cash payments do not. It has been stated by some APPG Blockchain expert speakers that every country should have a CBDC, and even a global hegemonic CBDC has been proposed. There are many opportunities in this space.

Non-Fungible Tokens are financial securities with the aim of decentralising power

1 https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/keynote-speech-by-john-glen-economic-secretary-to-the- treasury-at-the-innovate-finance-global-summit

A non-fungible token (NFT) is a financial security consisting of digital data stored in a blockchain. NFTs have a major to play a part in funding lots of investment projects, particularly in the creative industry (movies, digital art, club memberships). The aim of NFTs is to decentralize the concentration of power in the industry and spread revenue in a more equitable way. However, the drawback here is that NFT usage is still in a ‘wild west’
scenario, producing fast adoption in markets where there are limited norms or standards.

Examples of NFT usage can be seen in royalties, revenue management, distribution and claims of authenticity. The adoption of NFTs is on a fast trajectory and already has created wealth for some individuals.

References

This briefing paper is based upon the following meetings:

• APPG Blockchain - Cryptocurrency & Payments: The Current State of Affairs: 22nd June 2022 – Committee Room 10, House of Commons

Speakers:

o Richard Ells, Director, CEO & Founder, Electroneum
o Amélie Arras, Marketing Director, Zumo / Winner of 2017 ‘The Payments Race’
o Sean Kiernan, CEO, Greengage
o Marcus Sotiriou, CryptoAnalyst, GlobalBlock
o Giles Swan, Head of European Policy, Blockchain.com

• APPG Blockchain - Central Bank Digital Currencies & Stablecoins: Assessing a New Monetary Paradigm: 27th October 2021 – Virtual House of Commons Speakers:

o Commissioner Hester M. Peirce, Commissioner, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
o Christian Catalini, Co-Creator & Chief Economist, Diem Association)
o Natacha Valla, Dean, Sciences Po’s School of Management and Innovation and Former Deputy Director-General for Monetary Policy, European Central

Bank
o Rhomaios Ram, CEO, Fnality International o Jonny Fry, Advisor, Stratis Platform

• The Metaverse & Creative NFTs: 16th June 2022 – Boothroyd Room, Portcullis House

Speakers:

o Alexander Amartei, Arabian Camels, Saga City
o Mila Lolli, NFT UK Founder
o Gordon Lee, Founder, Joker Charlie Club
o Anna Stoilova, Co-founder Rogue Fox Guild
o Ali Datoo&Nino Meriano, CorporateComics
o Seyi Awotunde, ChiefVisionary Officer at Deliciae
o ARTJEDI1, Visual and NFT artist, ARTJEDI
o Karina Abramova, Cultural Changemaker & Environmental Artist o Ameer Ali & Ericka SIMON, KIP Engine

Future Meetings

Below is a list of APPG Blockchain evidence meetings for 2022/23.
To become a Parliamentary member of APPG Blockchain email us at: appgblockchain@biginnovationcentre.com.

• 13th September 2022: Sustainability & Climate Change

• 15th November 2022: Cybersecurity, Privacy & Fraud: New Opportunities or NewRisks?

• 21st February 2023: Blockchain as a Service (BaaS): Commoditising Blockchains

• 4th April 2023: Decentralised Finance: A New Paradigm for the Banking Sector

• 21st June 2023: Health

• 12th September 2023: Trade Finance & Smart Intelligent Contracts

• 21st November 2023: Blockchain Use-Cases: State-of-Art Industry Trends &Blockchain ForecastAPPG Blockchain Officers & Secretariat

• Chair: Martin Docherty-Hughes MP

• Vice Chairs:

o The Earl of Lindsay
o ViscountWaverley
o StephenMetcalfeMP o Kevan Jones MP

• Secretariat: Professor Birgitte Andersen, CEO & Co-Founder, Big Innovation Centre
  • Rapporteur: George Farrer, Communications Assistant, Big Innovation Centre

This is the full page ad image on the back of Oct. 3rd’s New Yorker. Titled LOCK COLLECTION Tiffany & Co. A “lockchain”, as in the image above.

2 Likes
1 Like

With NFTs, or anything traded on/in a “market”, complicity is necessary to give value. One’s act of WANTING the traded “object”, and one’s willingness to exchange some form of currency to GET it, that is where the magic happens. The nothingness of NFTs lays bare the emperor - but nobody cares about a naked emperor anymore. “Oh yeah, of course the emperor is naked, we know that.” The point is the ritual, the spell, the complicity of agreement, that - rather than creating a new reality, dispenses with the NEED for reality altogether. And then pretends that this is empowerment, that this is freedom. We have been headed this way for a long time.

1 Like