Impact Finance - Noetics - Mental Health - Altered States of Consciousness - Research Thread

To me consciousness is in part the recognition that the construct of “capital” creates a great deal of unconscious harm. It is a domination principle of extraction and denial; a sickness.

3 Likes

There is an actual annual conference where people go to learn the latest.

2 Likes

It just happens to be this coming week:

Presented by

Horizons Media, Inc.

a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit educational charity

Directed by

Kevin Balktick

Story producer and editor

Christian O’Toole

Associate producer

Kaylen Cumana

Director of photography

Baltimore, MD: Clarke Leland, Cascadiom

Austin, TX: Jefe Greenheart, Circus Picnic

Featuring

Manoj Doss, Ph.D

Tim Ferriss

Roland R. Griffiths, Ph.D

Natalie Gukasyan, M.D.

Bob Jesse

Matthew W. Johnson, Ph.D.

Katherine Maclean, Ph.D.

William A. Richards, Ph.D.

Special thanks

Nathan Sepeda

Vuka at Bouldin Creek

Ashley Edes at Nara Collective

Anna Leah, Awake Films

Deven Tarbet

The Johns Hopkins Center for Psychedelic & Consciousness Research

The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine

Funders of The Johns Hopkins Center for Psychedelic & Consciousness Research

The Steven & Alexandra Cohen Foundation

Tim Ferriss

Matt Mullenweg

Blake Mycoskie

Craig Nerenberg

His senior thesis was titled Acquisition of Japanese Kanji: Conventional Practice and Mnemonic Supplementation , under the supervision of Seiichi Makino.[6] After graduating from Princeton, Ferriss worked in sales at a data storage company.[7]

While working in sales for a data storage company in his 20s, Ferriss launched a cognition-boosting supplement called BrainQUICKEN, which he sold for an undisclosed sum in 2009. In 2007, he wrote best-selling productivity book, “The 4-Hour Workweek.”

Ferriss was an early investor in tech companies such as Uber, Facebook, Twitter, Alibaba, Shopify and Duolingo.

https://dof.princeton.edu/about/clerk-faculty/emeritus/seiichi-makino

1 Like

I was out most of the day yesterday, so I will need some time to look this over.

This idea of legalization and bringing it into the purview of Rockefeller medicine and precision prescribing makes me think of “prescriptions” in the context of contractual agreements.

So the “transaction” in this new model between plant medicine and human psyche is formalized according to some outside expectation of changes to the person being managed, likely for the purposes of data-dashboards and mental health SIBs.

To be honest that all seems pretty dubious, given my understanding that one’s experience in altered states of consciousness is highly individualized and based on the relationship of medicine to person and the person’s inner state.

If you connect Quaker “inner light” with Melanie Swan’s plans for brain-based nano-bots and energy exchanges of mind through neuro-economics this does get really weird.

Oracle in that mix is troubling. I know that oracles are a key technology in mediating blockchain data as @leo has said. Would the concept of “oracle” be hinting at some sort of transitional pretzel portal of consciousness?

Well, it’s pretty obvious these folks have known for a very long time that human consciousness in relation to the divine is a hugely powerful force. No wonder they want to try and jail break it.

2 Likes

Magenta of course to alter the state of mind!

I am not sure I am seeing magenta presented there (?) . . .

But, I do see something that seems very significant:

https://chosen.columbia.edu/directory/elias-dakwar

Elias Dakwar

Dr. Dakwar completed a fellowship in Addiction Psychiatry at Columbia and received a K23 award evaluating the ketamine infusions combined with mindfulness training to treat cocaine use disorders. Most recently, he is a principal investigator on several R01s evaluating ketamine for induction onto extended-release naltrexone for opioid use disorder as well as ketamine infusion to facilitate treatment for cocaine use disorder and alcohol use disorder.

Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, PSY Psychiatry Substance Abuse

Contact Info

Psychiatric Institute (Riverside Dr.), New York NY 10032, United States

Columbia School of Social Work1255 Amsterdam Ave · New York, NY 10027

Columbia University Irving Medical Center630 W. 168th St. · New York, NY 10032

@stephers can you perhaps summarize your main takeaways after doing this deep dive? Sort of outline the contours of what you are seeing / thinking given the diverse backgrounds of the people / entities you’ve featured thus far?

@AMcD

As a trained psychotherapist and hypnosis practitioner (since the late 1990s), and having been steeped in the wellness space and actively walking the spiritual labyrinth for the past 25 years – including nearly 20 years of shamanic practice (albeit shamanic “lite”), I feel I have a deep connection to this “deep dive” and a responsibility to explore it. Prior to this interrogation, I have not previously engaged with the material in this way.

I should add that my spiritual path has not only included meditation/mindfulness experiences, but I have also experienced the more “treacherous” aspects of my personal exploration, which also included channeling, astral traveling, and spending nearly one month in a nearly continuous altered state of consciousness, which almost resulted in me not finding my way back to this 3D reality construct.

In our highly industrialized culture, my experiences were perceived as a descension into psychosis. However, I consider my unique journey through chaos and madness (into which I involuntarily dipped my feet – and consciousness) as a gift from the universe. I was given an opportunity to face my shadows and my inner demons, while concurrently meeting intimately the non-material aspects and planes of reality.

With that context in mind, the way I see this taking shape is the following . . .

As per Aldous Huxley’s door of perception, I sense the goal of the System (which is building out its simulated mixed reality game) is to brazenly barge through that door and harvest the intuitive metaphysical wisdom of inner and outer realms (what some may call the Divine) and contain it in a controllable, trackable, and programmable box (the Skinner Box).

To this end, individuals whom I esteemed and held up to be role models have played a role in advancing this agenda of the System, yet I imagine most of them have had no idea how they have been exploited. Nonetheless, I have learned a great deal over the years from these spiritual leaders, yet not nearly as much as I have through my own journeying – which was catalyzed primarily through personal trauma.

In direct response to your inquiry, my takeaway is that what is experienced in altered states of consciousness is sacred and should be left there in those realms, while extracting individualized learnings which we bring back to integrate. Conversely, the System (represented by a vast and diverse network of individuals – as evidenced in this thread) desires to harness the sacred wisdom – and all of its crystalline facets and vibrant fractals – and lock it in and seal it in, thereby imprisoning what is innately infinite, receptive, and transcendent (such that the natural connection we share with the non-material realms will be foregone and forgotten).

In my opinion, the following site encapsulates what I am disastrously attempting to articulate (given my ADD leanings). When they say “protect” and “preserve,” I see “hijack” and “confine.” Where they say “benefit indigenous peoples,” I see a counterfeit charity scheme, whereby indigenous knowledge will ultimately live only on a blockchain and in a “charity wallet,” and unable to be attained through boundless and transformational experiences. This is devastating to me. I feel it deeply on levels I cannot even explain.

4 Likes

Thanks @stephers. Working in the space of energetic healing, it’s pretty overwhelming to contemplate the trajectory of what is unfolding and how long it has been in the works - this bio-digital, socio-technical attempt for the machine to get into the space of consciousness and our connections to the universal.

This reminds me a very disturbing animated short I watched years ago. It gave me a terrible sense of dread - World of Tomorrow. Turns out the guy made two more after the original, which was nominated for an Oscar.

In the screenshot the clone of “Emily Prime” is describing consciousness uploads and that their grandfather lives in a box to which video and audio books are uploaded weekly.

Very dark.

1 Like

Also @stephers the Shaman Coin seems to relate to the other work we were doing looking into transmedia story telling. There is something lost when oral stories are transcribed - they lose the opportunity for collective participation in the unfolding. Putting them on blockchain is a whole other level.

1 Like

@AMcD Yes, I concur completely.

1 Like

@AMcD “Outernet” . . . No more emotional attachment to life . . . Emerging from a digital birth canal . . . Creepy. Creepy. Creepy. SO much imprinting. I had never heard of this.

http://www.bitterfilms.com

The Simpsons

Main article: Clown in the Dumps

In 2014, Hertzfeldt wrote, animated, and directed a surreal and futuristic two-minute “couch gag” for the premiere episode of the 26th season of The Simpsons. It was the longest opening gag in the show’s history and was described by Spin Magazine as “mind-melting,” and “two of the strangest minutes of television ever to air on a major network during prime time.”[61][62][63]

1 Like

I distinctly remember sitting in the theater watching it and realizing I was probably the only person who really understood what was intended.

@AMcD I imagine that is exactly what happened. The presentation is laced with mockery. I don’t find it funny. It is disgusting.

Thoughts on Algernon Pharmaceuticals and Usona Institute. The story/film Flowers for Algernon (Charlie) was about a pill to increase IQ. Algernon was the test mouse. After his initial success, and after the drug had been given to a low-IQ human who quickly became a genius, it was discovered that Algernon (and the human) would rapidly degenerate and ultimately die. Odd to name a pharm company Algernon.
Usona reminds me of Wright’s Usonian houses, which are supposed to meld modern technology/convenience/systems with nature. They looked a bit like burger joints set in the woods.

1 Like

@kateledogar

Synchronously, Hertzfeldt’s World of Tomorrow features the music of composer Richard Strauss.

Then I just read here (see link below) – Flowers for Algernon begins . . .

Mr. Strauss says I shud rite down what I think and evrey thing that
happins to me from now on. I dont know why but he says its importint so they will see if they will use me. I hope they use me. Miss Kinnian says maybe they can make me smart. I want to be smart. My name is Charlie Gordon. I am 37 years old and 2 weeks ago was my brithday. I have nuthing more to rite now so I will close for today.

P.S. Given the storyline, I think that is quite a heinous name for a company.

P.P.S. The story reminds me a lot of Limitless:

@kateledogar

From above – RE: Tim Ferriss and his smart pill (sounds a whole lot like the pill in Flowers for Algernon) – I had linked to this earlier, but I must have accidentally deleted/overwritten it . . .

https://www.brainenhancementadvisor.org/smart-pill-reviews/brain-quicken/

SMART PILL REVIEWS
SMART PILL COMPARISONS

Brain Quicken

Overall Success Rate: 81%
Last Updated: September 25, 2022
Write Review
Overview

If you’re in a slump and looking to add some pizzazz to your life, then perhaps you should consider taking a nootropic to clear your thoughts and help you focus. BrainQuicken is a mind supplement that was designed to increase oxygen delivery to the brain and facilitate brain cell communication. BrainQuicken has been used by several athletes and people in business and finance and is pretty well known within the nootropic world.

Manufacturer

BrainQuicken is produced by a company called BrainQuicken, although it is also sold under the name BodyQuick. BrainQuicken was founded by a man named Tim Ferriss, who is an author, investor, and public speaker, and makes guest appearances on American TV shows discussing his personal development advice.

The company BrainQuicken was sold in 2010 to a London-based private equity firm for an undisclosed amount. Also, while we were unable to find a direct website for the new owner of BrainQuicken, we did find BrainQuicken being sold on Amazon by a company titled Spring Life USA. Spring Life USA claims to be a health and wellness company and appears to sell several other products, including probiotics.

Marketing Practices

Spring of Life USA markets BrainQuicken through Amazon, provides a way of making returns, and even has a number where one could call to contact someone. We’re uncertain of the exact relationship between Spring of Life and BrainQuicken, but Spring of Life did provide the ingredients of BrainQuicken and appears to respond to problems or information requests.

Ingredients

One bottle contains 90 capsules. The recommended dose is two to four capsules a day, so one bottle could last about three or five weeks. Instead of reviewing each ingredient, we decided to describe just a few key ones.

The ingredients in Brain Quicken are the following:
Niacinamide- 10mg
Vitamin B6- 12.5 mg
Folic Acid-200 mcg
Vitamin B12-500 mcg-Taking vitamin B12 can prevent anxiety or tiredness.
Pathothenic Acid- 20 mg

Then comes the proprietary blend in the amount of 805 mg.

Cordyceps is a fungus from China that is used to strengthen the immune system but is also used as an adaptogen, which is something used to enhance energy and reduce fatigue.
Choline Bitrate is a natural nutrient that is found in eggs, meat, and other foods. It is also structurally identified as a phospholipid, or a type of fat that is abundant in cell membranes and is a direct precursor for acetylcholine, which is one of the neurotransmitters that controls memory formation.
L-Glutamine is an amino acid used to treat ADHD.
L-Tyrosine is an amino acid used to treat depression, ADHD, and stress.
Salix Alba, which is also known as white willow, is used to ease aches and pains and reduce fevers.
Phosphatidylserine
Ciwujia is also known as Siberian ginseng. It is used to strengthen the body’s defences and treat chronic fatigue syndrome.
2-Dimenthylaminoethanol
Salisburia Adiantifolia
Vinpocetine is used to increase blood flow to the brain. This then helps prevent Alzheimer’s and other memory conditions and enhances your memory making abilities.
Huperzine A
Paulinia
Alpha-Lipoic Acid

Cost

Currently, BrainQuicken is sold on Amazon for $44.95 with free shipping.

Summary

After a thorough investigation, we remained impressed with BrainQuicken’s history and strong following. Although, we would have liked to know a bit more about the current company and to clarify how it is sold.

Brain Quicken Reviewed by Brain Ehancement Advisor. Rating: 81%
Editors’ Choice Award Winner
With the help of our expert panelists, our Editor puts her name to the product you ranked as the most results effective.
Awarded Week of: Saturday October 01, 2022

World of Tomorrow brings to mind the 1939-40 World’s Fair, in Flushing Meadows, Queens. My mother was a frequent visitor - she was about 10-years old at the time:

Hertzfeldt’s video featured something that looked like a Hattifattener, a Tove Jannsen (Moomin) character which lives on electricity:

1 Like

@Stephers I was thinking about what you said about how they want to colonize and control the inner and outer realms using Psychedelics (among other things) and I noticed a lot of geometric shapes, topology and cubes in the World of Tomorrow and wonder if there is a relationship there. I also began to think about how irresponsible it is to through open the doors like that and encourage everyone to take these.

I’ve been learning about spirituality and esoteric science for a couple of years now, and learned a little bit about the astral realm (I imagine this is where we go when we take these things) and just like with anything there are light sided and dark sided entities that live on the astral, how do these people, with very little respect for sacredness in all beings, know what they are talking to/interacting with? And people do have bad trips as well as good ones.

I know psychedelics have helped people, I think what I am trying to say is I have a very uneasy feeling with what they are trying to do, and I think more people are going to get hurt (with human capital financing maybe this is what they want).

2 Likes

@quantumheartcafe I am on the same page. Here is an interesting 6-minute clip of Joe Rogan – quite revealing, in my opinion (Based on what you said above, and what Rogan asserts here, I have to wonder if we will be hearing many more stories of ‘alien’ encounters):

1 Like