Forum Functionality and Suggestions

Updates and Ideas regarding additions or changes to these forums.

1 Like

I’ve been adding stuff today and after I made a few posts, I realized that given how quickly things change or get pulled down off the internet, it’s probably good practice to share links that have been backed up on wayback or archive. I know sometimes that throws the formatting off - so possibly include both?

Just drop it into “save page now” on right side and use the generated link: Internet Archive: Wayback Machine

Or at Archive.ph - https://archive.ph/

1 Like

It might be too technical but would it be possible to make links we post here automatically archivable? Or some easier way for people to archive their links when they make a comment?

I will look into that.

1 Like

I’ve added a sidebar with recent replies/excerpts on the home/latest page.

In order to make room I had do hide the replies, views and activity numbers columns. I think the trade-off is worth it. I’d rather feature content than statistics. Feel free to share your thoughts on this though.

Earlier I had added thumbnails and summaries, which also took up space. I’m trying to make the best use of this page that I’ve made the default home page.

How about including a Recommended Reading List? Favorite books, with optional reviews?

3 Likes

Great idea. Done!

Hi everyone, just a reminder. We don’t want this forum to just be another social media where we just post links. When you have a link to share, please write a little something about it. Like why you think it’s important for example. And when you can, take a little time to include some additional original research with it. Do a little follow up with the content. That’s where the real juicy stuff surfaces. LRTB! :smiley:

Thanks

@all_members

3 Likes