DAO Stack video - collective decision making in smart contract layer

DAO Stack is a member of the Lemonade Foundation (AI for social impact) that @leo mentioned in the follow up to dClimate and Arbol. Would love for folks to help deconstruct this 5-minute video largely set in Israel with featured elements in Denver, including ETH Denver @Jason_Bosch. This is very much the foundation for swarm intelligence towards global hivemind, but they sell it as a wonderful future.

1 Like

If you sent the above video to people you know in “the resistance,” how many would understand where this technology fits into the big picture?

Note the emergent icosahedron @jenlake @Stephers

DAOstack is well connected with Blockscience, Commons Stack, probably the most robust groups doing token economic modeling/engineering. Much of their seed funding came from Israel too.

DAOstack and DAOs in generally are about making digital organizations game theoretically secure, efficient and automatable. Automation in financial allocations, auditing, and contracts with other organizations. Recent DAO2DAO resrearch

Otherwise they would never be able to bring in big capital. Big capital is making its way into the DAO space and governance is a major focal point for risk assessment .

The system designs have to undergo huge analysis at many levels (operational security, economic design, organizational management, emergency systems). That is where the complexity engineering of blockscience comes in. They absolutely have to go in this direction to create digital organizations with real capital, meaning they have to enter this militaristic mindset. The basis of blockchain is using economic game theory to maintain a communication protocol focused on maintaining a shared history of information

Id say the people in the groups think that they are giving people a chance at self organization and maintaining their own values by sharing/governing a collective pool of capital for use wherever they wish.

They dont appreciate that pushing people into these systems reenforces a militaristic/game theoretical perspective that has to prioritize control in order to survive. Nor do they appreciate how making all relations (social, ecological, biological ect) machine visible contributes to the wider ambitions of the imperially focused mind.

1 Like

Not sure if you saw my previous post about Stan Ulam’s desk drawer. I took a photo of the inscription when we visited Los Alamos. What struck me was that in addition to playing a key role in hydrogen bomb development, he also developed the Montecarlo Method of risk analysis during the Cold War with Von Neumann. This article touches on it. Moving forward I sense climate catastrophe/pandemic will take the place of the Soviet Union as the threat on the horizon.
http://www-star.st-and.ac.uk/~kw25/teaching/mcrt/MC_history_3.pdf

Relatedly, it does bring this to mind: https://assets.metaplayerone.app.

• Find the Crystal of Power in your favourite game*

MetaSkynet Crystals of Power scattered around in the different metaverses. Mint all 5 powerful crystals to gain a super power of decentralized web. Nobody, even DAO Metaplayer members have 5 crystals together, we ask 5 Crystals of Power Holders to support freedom further on…

We have created MetaSkynet Crystals for the decentralized governance of all meta worlds of Metaplayerone and MetaUnit Token as its core token.

There are five (and only five) Platonic solids (regular polyhedra). These are – the tetrahedron (4 faces), cube (6 faces), octahedron (8 faces), dodecahedron (12 faces) and icosahedron (20 faces).

They get their name from the ancient Greek philosopher and mathematician Plato(c427-347BC) who wrote about them in his treatise, Timaeus.

Hundreds of carved stone spheres, roughly three inches in diameter, believed to date to around 2000 BC, have been found in Scotland. Some are carved with lines corresponding to the edges of regular polyhedra.

Roughly half have 6 knobs—like the one at right above—but the others range from three to 160 knobs. The more mathematically regular ones do not appear to have had special importance.

For example, in addition to the 12-knob dodecahedral form shown in the center and just to its right above, there are also ones with 14 knobs, corresponding to a form with two opposite hexagons, each surrounded by six pentagons. Nonetheless, the dodecahedron appears here long before the Greeks wrote of it.

The function of these stones is unknown and so it is unclear whether I should list them here under the category art, but many are intricately carved with spirals or cross-hatching on the faces. The material varies from easily carved sandstone and serpentine to difficult, hard granite and quartzite.

### Greeks about Platonic Solids

The Greeks taught that these five solids were the core patterns of physical creation.

### Icosahedron

The Icosahedron is the fifth and final platonic solid having 20 triangular sides and symbol for the element of water.

Meaning: trust in the wisdom of the universe is needed with a willingness to allow others to assist in the situation versus pursuing an active role. As the water suggests, it time to go with the flow.

### The 5 Platonic solids are ideal, primal models of crystal patterns that occur throughout the world of minerals in countless variations.

These are the only five regular polyhedra, that is, the only five solids made from the same equilateral, equiangular polygons.

To the Greeks, these solids symbolized fire, earth, air, spirit (or ether) and water respectively. The cube and octahedron are duals, meaning that one can be created by connecting the midpoints of the faces of the other.

The icosahedron and dodecahedron are also duals of each other, and three mutually perpendicular, mutually bisecting golden rectangles can be drawn connecting their vertices and midpoints, respectively. The tetrahedron is dual to itself.

2 Likes

Do you think Ethereum’s logo is an octahedron? “Air”

. . . And then I thought I saw it here yesterday - in the context of Olivia Newton-John (and I implied that her passing yesterday may be used to imprint love into the mixed reality.) https://twitter.com/beatlesstory/status/1556751628132356098?s=20

Accordingly, I see this heavy duty mixed reality tribute that was created in her honor (prior to her passing): Ariana Grande Covers 'Hopelessly Devoted to You' — Olivia Newton-John Approves.

1 Like

Ariana = Ariadne = web / Indra’s net?

most holy
Ariana is a feminine name of Greek origin, meaning “most holy.” It is related to the Ancient Greek name Ariadne with ari meaning “excellence” and adnos translating to “pure” or “sacred.”

Waxing moon = progress of project

1 Like

Joan’s children may be successful in the entertainment industry, but she is also a force to be reckoned with all her own. Joan has been a success in the business industry, first working as the president and CEO of Hose-McCann Communications, a communications and alarm systems company that’s provided products for the US Marines and Navy. The company was Charles G. Hose and Thomas J. McCann in Brooklyn in 1923 but bought by the Grande family in 1964.

Now, Joan heads Diamond Dog Entertainment, a production company founded by herself and a slew of partners whose website describes it as “focused on fostering talent in a collaborative environment and investing in diverse projects that seek to change the landscape of the entertainment world.” The company shows numerous projects they’ve done, including musicals, parties, and events.

My mom is a CEO and owns a company that manufactures communications equipment for the Marines and the Navy, so she’s not really the housewife type, if you get what I’m saying,” Ariana told Complex back in 2013. She’s the most badass, independent woman you’ll ever meet—not the cookies in the oven type.” (my emphasis)

https://diamonddog.com - Note the stylized cursor and the company logo - back to the octahedron/Ethereum logo (!?) . . . And see the “diamond dog” (octahedronous dog much?) . . .

1 Like

After watching your video at the top @AMcD , the next set of youtube offerings presented a DAO primer video for learning purposes that takes off the marketing gloss and uses plain language about DAO purposes for building “massive social global institutions”
(9 minutes)

I don’t doubt that graphic “crystal” representations are shown as models of efficiency --energetic efficiency-- with no particular bearing on any human activity, ergo, by design anti-social and inhuman which I think the primer adequately conveys.

1 Like