AI "Flip" Challenge - IDENA Storytelling "CAPTCHA"

Given the research @stephers has been doing into transmedia storytelling and I have been looking into the semantic web (sentiment analysis, possibly with encoded word spells?), the use of storytelling images for cyber verification by IDENA the digital ID human blockchain platform is interesting to me - the use of images to tell stories and decide what the “right” story is.

1 Like

https://scan.idena.io

Idena employs regular checkpoint rituals — synchronous validation sessions — to certify a participants’ humanness for the consequent epoch.

Note that the imagery below invokes a standard eye chart:

Rewards per flip will be increased for all identities both for delegated and independent accounts. However, additional extra flips submission will be available only for independent accounts.

1 Like

Note the logo @jenlake on either side of the head (topped by a lotus) is a three-strand braid. @civilianaire

Lotus - rebirth, detachment

2 Likes

IDENA’s Flip Challenge (with its accompanying reward system) is eerily reminiscent of what I watched in the series, Severance.

Read here about the number challenge that Lumon archivists (“Refiners”) have to endure:

https://screenrant.com/severance-lumon-numbers-meaning-theory-every/

All they know about their job is that they must sort numbers that evoke an emotional reaction into folders. They meet quotas, they try to finish number files before they expire, and they receive rewards for reaching quotas that include erasers, finger traps, and waffle parties.

Still, sorting numbers and meeting quotas doesn’t fully satisfy a sense of accomplishment at work. The main characters’ innies don’t seem to know exactly what Severance’s Lumon Industries do, much less what the numbers signify. Still, they make theories ranging from Dylan believing that they’re cleaning the ocean for a mass human migration to Irving innocently thinking that they’re eradicating swear words out of movies. Clues regarding Lumon’s staunch philosophies and airtight control on its severed employees make both of these theories unlikely, but there are plenty of ideas connoting what the numbers really mean. A common thread through all of these ideas is that Lumon is more interested in the employees’ data output, not necessarily the numbers themselves.

The Refiners not knowing the meaning behind the numbers reveals a lot about Lumon. The severance procedure alone allows Lumon to manipulate the employees at their whim, withholding and receiving any information that they please. From the rigid protocols and harsh punishments to Severance’s small departments, Lumon finds many ways to control its severed employees without a clear explanation as to why they need to be controlled in the first place. If all the Refiners do is sort numbers without any knowledge about what those numbers mean, severing and controlling them to such great lengths appears more costly and resource-heavy than the job requires. That is, unless the numbers themselves aren’t actually the point of the job. If Lumon truly needed the numbers to be sorted, they could easily create a computer to do this job. It’s quicker, more cost-effective, and more accurate. It’s likely that Lumon needs to see how the human mind classifies these numbers. If the Refiners knew an objective number meaning, it may taint the data.

Echoing IDENA’s Flip exercises . . . In the Apple TV series, Severance, it seems that via arousing emotion and confirming that a human is participating, the ultimate objective is machine learning/deep learning to enable the AI to become more human. Thus, it is vital to incorporate human involvement – modeling and teaching the AI how to perceive as humans do (on a granular scale). Concurrently, the human subject becomes more robotic by simply evaluating numbers and/or photos in a rote, mechanized manner.

Proof-of-Personhood: Redemocratizing Permissionless Cryptocurrencies

Maria Borge, Eleftherios Kokoris-Kogias, Philipp Jovanovic, Linus Gasser, Nicolas Gailly, Bryan Ford

École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland

AbstractPermissionless blockchain-based cryptocurrencies commonly use proof-of-work (PoW) or proof-of-stake (PoS) to ensure their security, e.g. to prevent double spending attacks. However, both approaches have disadvantages: PoW leads to massive amounts of wasted electricity and re-centralization, whereas major stakeholders in PoS might be able to create a monopoly. In this work, we propose proof-of-personhood (PoP), a mechanism that binds physical entities to virtual identities in a way that enables accountability while preserving anonymity. Afterwards we introduce PoPCoin, a new cryptocurrency, whose consensus mechanism leverages PoP to eliminate the dis- advantages of PoW and PoS while ensuring security. PoPCoin leads to a continuously fair and democratic wealth creation process which paves the way for an experimental basic income infrastructure.

Keywords-proof-of-personhood, proof-of-work, proof-of- stake, blockchain, cryptocurrency

This notion of proof of personhood is also evoked in the series, Severance, as the “innie” work selves of the individuals are striving to be recognized as real people – despite only existing 8 hours a day in a hermetically sealed space (devoid of any windows or other human relations) in a tokenized, contained, surveilled artificial society. The “innie” personas invoke the concept of digital twins only existing in a virtual space. Thus, my sense is that the show is imprinting the idea that digital twins will eventually attain “personhood” – just as corporations have transformed into bodies/entities with personhood rights. See the relevant video by Seven Bomar that I posted here: Severance (Apple TV series 2022) (direct link to video here: Sevan Bomar - How Corporations Become Entities - YouTube).

1 Like

WOW, WOW, WOW! @Stephers @AMcD Some truly scary achievements out there steam rolling their way through. Thank goodness I have my new special place to go to.

Just found out about Robertson River falls, which is a 10 minute drive from my house, then a 25 minute hike. Better late than never. Going to places like this helps me stays focused on the reality of nature that has no need for change to make things better.

2 Likes

Spectacular @gino. Thank you for sharing these photos!

1 Like

Ditto @Gino. I was going to say the same. So lovely.

Spectacular is the exact same word I use to describe my new found special place to everyone I come in contact with these days. @AMcD, @Stephers it is on the same river that my salmon fry friends live and where I have been going to in the past year. It is three kilometers up stream. The gods have been good to me lately!
Places like these are much needed for people like us who know to much. A place for reflection to gain mental strength when things seem overwhelming. You guys more than me, but I know much more than most who do very little note taking.

1 Like

@Stephers, I think the water that is flowing over the falls at this time of the year may be a primary water source coming from deep within the earths crust. All other mountain creeks are dried right up, but this one keeps flowing. I noticed that the color of the water in the pool at the bottom of the falls is crystal clear Mediterranean blue. From photos I have seen it does turn to a greener color as the rains start and other mountain run off creeks start to flow into it. I will see shortly what happens to the color as we go into fall. Makes you feel exhilarated being next to it, I can tell you that. Have not gone for a dip yet, but I have a feeling it could revitalize the body in some way to cure illness. There is defiantly something different about the water color at this elevation compared to three kilometers down stream where the water is crystal clear green. Not sure what to make of it, but primary water is a very interesting topic for me at this time as a result of the experience I am having.
I need to take a picture before it rains.

1 Like

You could be right, Gino . . .

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/canada/british-columbia/robertson-river-falls

One seemingly unrelated, yet potentially suggestive hint (given the nature of his work). . .

William Carpentier was born and raised in Lake Cowichan: (William Carpentier - Wikipedia), flight surgeon for Apollo 11

William Carpentier
Born 1935/1936 (age 86–87)

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Citizenship United States
Alma mater University of British Columbia
Occupation physician / flight surgeon
Known for flight surgeon for Apollo 11 and Apollo 13
Awards Presidential Medal of Freedom (ribbon).svg23x6 Presidential Medal of Freedom

William Carpentier (born 1935/36, Edmonton, Alberta)[1][2] is a Canadian-American physician best known as the flight surgeon assigned to the United States’ Apollo 11 mission, the first manned spacecraft to land on the Moon. Carpentier says that this was the highlight of his career. In the months following the Apollo 11 mission, Carpentier became known as a world famous physician. He later went into nuclear medicine research.

Carpentier is a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom, with which he was decorated for his role in the Apollo 13 mission.

Contents

Early life and education[edit]

William Carpentier was born in Edmonton, Alberta[2] and raised in Lake Cowichan, British Columbia.[3] His mother was Canadian and his father was a Rhode Islander who had to forfeit his United States citizenship during World War II due to his enlistment in the Canadian Army.[4] Carpentier attended Lake Cowichan Secondary School and went on to study at Victoria College.[3] In 1961 he graduated from the University of British Columbia School of Medicine.[3]

According to Carpentier, the achievements of Alan Shepard and Yuri Gagarin piqued his interest in space exploration and, after medical school, he moved to Ohio to pursue additional studies in aviation medicine at Ohio State University.[3]

Career[edit]

Carpentier was selected as a flight surgeon trainee by the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) in January 1965 and made a staff flight surgeon the following July.[5][6] According to Carpentier, he attempted to apply for appointment to the Astronaut Corps, however, found that as a Canadian he was ineligible to do so.[4] Though he considered renouncing his citizenship, he chose not to after learning the process for naturalization as an American would take several years.[4]

William Carpentier (pictured inside helicopter) follows Armstrong, Collins, and Aldrin as they arrive on the flight deck of USS Hornet following recovery from the Apollo 11 command module Columbia.

He ultimately served as a medical staff member assigned to several Gemini missions and Apollo missions, including as flight surgeon for Apollo 11 and Apollo 13.[5] During the recovery of Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins, and Buzz Aldrin from the Pacific Ocean, Carpentier was assigned to Helicopter 66, the primary rescue helicopter which ferried the men to the waiting USS Hornet. Both Carpentier and NASA engineer John Hirasaki – who had come into contact with Moon dust – were confined with the astronauts for their 21-day quarantine.[7] In the period following their release from isolation, the publicity demands on Armstrong, Collins, and Aldrin became so great that Carpentier was sometimes pressed into service to make public appearances in their place after a United States Department of State publicist concluded that the physician “was famous enough”.[4] During travel on Air Force One he would be registered by crew into the flight manifest under the initials “WFP” for “world famous physician”, a moniker that would stay with him for life.[4]

In 1973, after completing a fellowship in nuclear medicine at Baylor University,[4] Carpentier entered the private sector as a researcher at Texas’ Scott & White Healthcare, spending thirty years there before retiring in 2003.[5] Following retirement, Carpentier returned to NASA as a consultant studying the cardiovascular systems of astronauts.[3]

In 2012, Carpentier returned to the former U.S. Navy aircraft carrier USS Hornet – where he had been quarantined with Armstrong, Collins, and Aldrin 43 years before – to participate in a memorial service for the recently deceased Armstrong.[8][a]

Additional context that may be of interest and helpful:

See this curiously worded article (seems to be an awkward translation):

Page 14 Aldous Huxley starts.
http://primarywaterinstitute.org/images/index_page/PWI_magazine/Primary%20Water%20Magazine_1-24-22.pdf

My spidey senses are beeping! The last two people Dr. Pal Pauer and Hartmut Sieper who are all over the primary water information are leading me to follow some questionable people and organizations.

Can not seem to find any information about primary water besides what these two guys have put out. Something is not right! They are controlling the narrative primary water for some reason.

Sorry for veering off topic to your post @Stephers. If interested we can continue on your primary water post.